Hague (Saskatchewan, Canada)
Hague, Saskatchewan, a town (pop. 400 in 1956) about 40 miles (65 km) north of Saskatoon. The railroad station was built in 1898, then in 1900 was moved half a mile north of the first site. Nearly all the first residents of Hague were Old Colony Mennonites. Ten years later people of other denominations moved in. In 1911 the Rosenort Mennonite Church was built, then enlarged in 1929 when additional settlers from Russia arrived. A Lutheran church has also been erected in the town.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 628. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Rempel, John G. "Hague (Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 26 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/hague_saskatchewan_canada.
APA style: Rempel, John G. (1956). Hague (Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/hague_saskatchewan_canada.