Hanover Mennonite Church (Hanover, Pennsylvania, USA)
Hanover Mennonite Church, located in Hanover, York County, Pennsylvania, built its first meetinghouse in 1870, and the present one on Broadway in 1881. Hanover is in a circuit of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference with Bair's Hanover and Hostetter. In 1953 the church membership for the circuit was 108. Richard Danner was the bishop; Harvey S. Grove, Amos D. Shank, and R. Norman Bange the ministers; and Melvin J. Shank, deacon.
Address: 300 Beck Mill Rd, Hanover, Pennsylvania 17331
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 648. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Landis, Ira D. "Hanover Mennonite Church (Hanover, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 20 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/hanover_mennonite_church_hanover_york_county_pennsylvania_usa.
APA style: Landis, Ira D. (1956). Hanover Mennonite Church (Hanover, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/hanover_mennonite_church_hanover_york_county_pennsylvania_usa.