Heimbronnerhof (Bretten, Baden-Württemberg, Germany)
Heimbronnerhof (Haimbrunn), an estate in the Bretten district of Baden, Germany, owned by the Counts Douglas. After 1822 the estate was leased to Mennonites, formerly to the Funck and Horsch families, after 1916 to the Fellmann family. From about 1858 to 1916 biweekly religious services were held at the Heimbronnerhof, since during this period the families were members of the Hahnische Mennoniten (see Baden).
Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon, 4 vols. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe; Schneider, 1913-1967: II, 279.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 693. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Fellmann, Walter. "Heimbronnerhof (Bretten, Baden-Württemberg, Germany) ." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/heimbronnerhof_bretten_baden_wurttemberg_germany.
APA style: Fellmann, Walter. (1956). Heimbronnerhof (Bretten, Baden-Württemberg, Germany) . Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/heimbronnerhof_bretten_baden_wurttemberg_germany.