Hillsboro Journal (Periodical)
Hillsboro Journal, founded in 1903 as the Hillsboro Vorwärts, had J. G. Ewert as first editor. In 1939 the name was changed to Hillsboro Journal. It was a general newspaper. The size of the paper was 15 x 22 in. It was published weekly, generally with eight pages, containing general news and reports from the different settlements mostly rural and of Mennonite interest. It was owned and published by the Mennonite Brethren Publishing House, Hillsboro, Kansas, though it was not an official organ of that constituency. The English language was generally used in the paper but some German reports found room on its pages. The last editor was Peter H. Berg. The Hillsboro journal was sold to T. G. Hiebert late in 1952 and was merged with the Hillsboro Star early in 1953 to form the Hillsboro Star Journal.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 742. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Berg, Peter H. "Hillsboro Journal (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 21 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/hillsboro_journal_periodical.
APA style: Berg, Peter H. (1956). Hillsboro Journal (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/hillsboro_journal_periodical.