Hutterthal Mennonite Church (Carpenter, South Dakota, USA)
The Hutterthal Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), located near Hitchcock and Carpenter in Beadle County, South Dakota, was a member of the Northern District Conference. The congregation was first organized in 1906 under the leadership of Joseph M. Hofer. The original building was purchased from the Methodists and was replaced with a new structure in 1949. The membership increased from 80 to 176 in 1954. In addition to Joseph M. Hofer, the congregation was served by Elias J. Wipf, Joseph J. Hofer, and Paul J. R. Hofer, who was the pastor in 1954.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, pp. 867-868. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Unruh, John D. "Hutterthal Mennonite Church (Carpenter, South Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 20 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/hutterthal_mennonite_church_carpenter_south_dakota.
APA style: Unruh, John D. (1956). Hutterthal Mennonite Church (Carpenter, South Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/hutterthal_mennonite_church_carpenter_south_dakota.