Jansen Mennonite Brethren Church (Jansen, Nebraska, USA)
The Jansen Mennonite Brethren Church, now extinct, was organized in 1890 by Elder J. J. Regier. At that time Isaac Wall was chosen minister and leader. An old saloon was purchased and remodeled into a meeting place. Later a church was built. Through revivals the congregation grew and for some time numbered more than 100 members. Later most of these members moved to newer settlements, and the congregation in 1950 consisted of only two families. Other ministers who served the church were Adam Ross, G. H. Jantzen, Waldo Hiebert, and P. V. Balzer.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 91. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Wiens, H. E. "Jansen Mennonite Brethren Church (Jansen, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 18 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/jansen_mennonite_brethren_church_jansen_nebraska_usa.
APA style: Wiens, H. E. (1957). Jansen Mennonite Brethren Church (Jansen, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/jansen_mennonite_brethren_church_jansen_nebraska_usa.