Koinonia Mennonite Church (Clinton, Oklahoma, USA)
Koinonia Mennonite Church (formerly Clinton Cheyenne (American Indian) Mennonite Church) (Mennonite Church USA), located one mile east of Clinton, Custer County, Oklahoma, was organized 19 February 1899. The mission station was established in 1894 by M. M. Horsch. In April 1951 a new church building was dedicated, replacing the old frame building erected in 1898. A total of 185 members were added up to 1954. The 1954 membership stood at 62, a number having transferred to the Hammon and Thomas Mennonite churches. The fiftieth anniversary was commemorated in 1949. Missionaries who served up to 1950 were G. A. Linscheid, J. H. Epp, J. B. Ediger (40 years), and Arthur Friesen, the missionary in 1949. In 2008 the membership was 25; Lawrence H. Hart was the pastor.
Address: Rt 1, Box 3040, Clinton, Oklahoma (East of Clinton on Airport Road)
Native Mennonite Ministries
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 627. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Friesen, Arthur. "Koinonia Mennonite Church (Clinton, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1954. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/koinonia_mennonite_church_clinton_oklahoma_usa.
APA style: Friesen, Arthur. (1954). Koinonia Mennonite Church (Clinton, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/koinonia_mennonite_church_clinton_oklahoma_usa.