Larslan Mennonite Brethren Church (Larslan, Montana, USA)
The Larslan Mennonite Brethren Church, located in Valley County, Montana, was a member of the Central District Conference. It began as a subsidiary of the Lustre, Montana congregation in 1917, when a number of families from Lustre located here. J. F. Thiessen was their pastor until 1943. In 1945 the Larslan church was organized with 29 members. Other ministers who served the congregation were A. A. Dick, J. J. Toews, H. C. Quiring, and Karl Dick. In 1929 a basement was constructed and used as a church, and remodeled in 1945. Kathryn Lentzner, a missionary in Colombia, South America, came from this church. In 1954 the membership was 38, with Walter Schlichting as pastor.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, pp. 296-296. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Dick, A. A. "Larslan Mennonite Brethren Church (Larslan, Montana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 22 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/larslan_mennonite_brethren_church_larslan_montana.
APA style: Dick, A. A. (1957). Larslan Mennonite Brethren Church (Larslan, Montana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/larslan_mennonite_brethren_church_larslan_montana.