Lausoms-Gemeente (Ameland, Netherlands)
Lausoms-Gemeente is a Flemish congregation on the Dutch island of Ameland. It was named after Laus Hendricks of Nes, one of its first elders, who served here 1683-ca.1745. It was also called the Foppe Ones congregation. It must have originated in the early 1660s. The names of many of its preachers and elders have been handed down. In 1804 it joined with the Jan Jacobsz group, a group of Old Frisian Mennonites, but usually called Old Flemish.
Doopsgezinde Bijdragen (1889): 5, 12, 17, 20.
Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe; Schneider, 1913-1967: II, 625.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 299. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: van der Zijpp, Nanne. "Lausoms-Gemeente (Ameland, Netherlands) ." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 22 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/lausoms_gemeente_ameland_netherlands.
APA style: van der Zijpp, Nanne. (1957). Lausoms-Gemeente (Ameland, Netherlands) . Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/lausoms_gemeente_ameland_netherlands.