Longdale Mennonite Mission Church (Longdale, Oklahoma, USA)
Longdale Mennonite (General Conference Mennonite Church) Mission Church is located one-half mile (.8 kilometre) southwest of Longdale, Blaine County, Oklahoma, and seven miles (11.2 kilometers) north of Canton. The Cheyennes living in this district formerly attended church at Cantonment. The Cantonment church was taken down, rebuilt near Longdale, and dedicated on 19 December 1926. The work of Longdale was in charge of the missionaries G. A. Linscheid (1926-1938) and Benno Toews (1938-1940) from Cantonment, Arthur Friesen (1940-1947), and Alfred Wiebe (1947-?). For church membership see Fonda.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 389. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Wiebe, Alfred. "Longdale Mennonite Mission Church (Longdale, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 20 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/longdale_mennonite_mission_church_longdale.
APA style: Wiebe, Alfred. (1957). Longdale Mennonite Mission Church (Longdale, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/longdale_mennonite_mission_church_longdale.