Lorraine Avenue Mennonite Church (Wichita, Kansas, USA)
Lorraine Avenue Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), Wichita, Kansas, is a member of the Western District Conference. In June 1928 C. E. Krehbiel gathered some interested people to consider the formation of a General Conference Mennonite church in Wichita. A year later Arnold Funk was placed here as a worker under the mission committee. In 1932 a house was built and dedicated to serve as a church, and a congregation was organized with 17 charter members. In 1951 a stone and brick church was built, the first building having been converted into a parsonage. In 1954 the church had 311 members. Pastors who have served the church as of 1954 are Arnold Funk, C. E. Krehbiel, Olin Krehbiel, S. M. Musselman, E. D. Schmidt, P. E. Frantz, J. H. Langenwalter, and George S. Stoneback. In 2008 the membership was 374; the pastors were Lois M. Harder and Thomas L. Harder.
Address: 655 South Lorraine Street, Wichita, Kansas
Website: Lorraine Avenue Mennonite Church
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, pp. 396-396. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Stoneback, George S. "Lorraine Avenue Mennonite Church (Wichita, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 19 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/lorraine_avenue_mennonite_church_wichita.
APA style: Stoneback, George S. (1957). Lorraine Avenue Mennonite Church (Wichita, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/lorraine_avenue_mennonite_church_wichita.