Pleasant Hill Mennonite Church (Smithville, Ohio, USA)
Pleasant Hill Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located in Milton Township, Wayne County, Ohio, is a member of the Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference. The original meetinghouse was built in 1880 as one of the two meeting places of the Oak Grove congregation, remodeled in 1910 and again in 1950 (for the history of this congregation before 1947 and the names of its ministers, see Oak Grove Mennonite Church.) The present congregation was organized in 1947 as a schism from the Oak Grove congregation when the latter withdrew from the conference. The ministers since 1947 were William G. Detweiler 1947-52, Gerald C. Studer 1947- . The membership in 1957 was 180. In 1959 it built a new meetinghouse at the edge of the town of Smithville.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 190. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Studer, Gerald C. "Pleasant Hill Mennonite Church (Smithville, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/pleasant_hill_mennonite_church_smithville_ohio_usa.
APA style: Studer, Gerald C. (1959). Pleasant Hill Mennonite Church (Smithville, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/pleasant_hill_mennonite_church_smithville_ohio_usa.