Roaring Spring Mennonite Church (Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania, USA)
Roaring Spring Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite Church ), located in Roaring Spring, Blair County, Pennsylvania, had a membership of 24 in 1957 and 33 in 1958; its minister was Kenneth H. Ross. Its first meetinghouse was built in 1898. Among its early ministers was Abram Snyder, who was listed with the congregation in the Southwestern Pennsylvania Conference (Mennonite Church) as late as the 1908 Mennonite Year-Book. Roaring Spring left the Southwestern Pennsylvania Conference in April 1912 and joined the Eastern District Conference (General Conference Mennonite) in May 1912.
Elsie M. Gonsman became pastor in 2002 and was serving in that capacity in 2008. The congregation had 40 members in 2008.
Location: 235 Main Street, Roaring Spring, PA 16673-1024
Mailing address: 1022 Queen Road, Claysburg PA 16625
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 346, 1148. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Gingerich, Melvin. "Roaring Spring Mennonite Church (Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 26 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/roaring_spring_mennonite_church_blair_county.
APA style: Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Roaring Spring Mennonite Church (Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/roaring_spring_mennonite_church_blair_county.