Roseland Mennonite Church (Roseland, Nebraska, USA)
Roseland Mennonite Church, located near Roseland, Nebraska, a member of the Iowa-Nebraska Conference, was organized on 20 March 1880, with 26 members, with Albrecht Schiffler as bishop and Samuel W. Lapp as deacon. A meetinghouse was built about two years later, replaced in 1898 by a new one, at which time the membership numbered 160. Daniel Lapp was ordained bishop. Ministers who have served the congregation are John L. Reasoner, Jonas Nice, Andrew Good, John M. Nunemaker, Abraham Stauffer, Samuel G. Lapp, Noah Ebersole, J. Kore Zook, Edward Diener, and Alton Miller. Missionaries from this church sent to India were Mahlon C. Lapp, Jacob Burkhard, George Lapp, Esther Ebersole Lapp, and Velma Lapp Hostetler. In 1957 the bishop was Peter R. Kennel, and the membership was 17.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 359. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Burkhard, Sarah Schiffler. "Roseland Mennonite Church (Roseland, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 18 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/roseland_mennonite_church_roseland_nebraska_usa.
APA style: Burkhard, Sarah Schiffler. (1959). Roseland Mennonite Church (Roseland, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/roseland_mennonite_church_roseland_nebraska_usa.