Rural Evangel (Periodical)
Rural Evangel, since January 1948 called Gospel Evangel, "Organ of the Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Mission Board," first number 1 October 1920, first appeared as a 4-page quarterly 9¼ x 12½ inches (23.5 x 31.8 cm.) in size, published at Scottdale, Pennsylvania, and Elkhart, Indiana (later Elkhart was dropped). Size, format, and issue have changed as follows: July 1930 to date, bimonthly issue; beginning January 1944, 8 pages 8 x 10¾ inches (20.3 x 27.3 cm.); January 1948 to date, 7¾ x 10½ (19.7 x 26.7 cm.); July 1953 to date, 16 pages. Editors have been J. K. Bixler to July 1925; Allen B. Christophel October 1925 to July 1929; J. S. Hartzler October 1929 to December 1945; Ezra Beachy January 1946 to date.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1117. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. "Rural Evangel (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/rural_evangel_periodical.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. (1959). Rural Evangel (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/rural_evangel_periodical.