Shafter Mennonite Brethren Church (Shafter, California, USA)
Shafter Mennonite Brethren Church a member of the Pacific District Conference, was organized in the fall of 1918, when a number of recent settlers met in the home of Henry Kohfeld. Deacon Frank C. Penner, formerly of Escondido, California, also assisted in the organization. For a time the congregation met in private homes and later in the local school. In 1919 a tabernacle was built near the center of town at the corner of Kern and California Streets. The membership in 1958 was 522 with H. H. Dick as the pastor in charge, and D. W. Nikkel assistant pastor.
Addres: 400 Kern St., Shafter, CA 93263
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 509. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Siemens, Ernest. "Shafter Mennonite Brethren Church (Shafter, California, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/shafter_mennonite_brethren_church.
APA style: Siemens, Ernest. (1959). Shafter Mennonite Brethren Church (Shafter, California, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/shafter_mennonite_brethren_church.