Sheridan Mennonite Church (Sheridan, Oregon, USA)
Sheridan Mennonite Church, located in the city of Sheridan, Yamhill County, Oregon, about 35 miles from the Pacific Ocean, is a member of the Pacific Coast Mennonite Conference. The church was organized in December 1923 with 35 charter members, as the outgrowth of a branch Sunday school started near McMinnville, Oregon, by the Hopewell congregation of near Hubbard, Oregon. The first ministers were Bishop Jacob D. Mishler and Daniel F. Shenk. In 1957 the membership was 302, with Gabriel D. Shenk and Raymond Mishler as bishops, and Daniel F. Shenk, LeRoy Cowan, and Oscar Wideman as ministers.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 514. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Mishler, Raymond. "Sheridan Mennonite Church (Sheridan, Oregon, USA) ." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/sheridan_mennonite_church.
APA style: Mishler, Raymond. (1959). Sheridan Mennonite Church (Sheridan, Oregon, USA) . Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/sheridan_mennonite_church.