Spring Creek Hutterite Colony (Lewistown, Montana, USA)
Spring Creek Hutterite Bruderhof (also known as Felger Hutterite Bruderhof) was founded in 1945 by Paul Walter, preacher of the Felger Bruderhof near Lethbridge, Alberta. It numbered 18 souls in 1947, and was part of the Dariusleut group.
Daughter colonies of Spring Creek Hutterite Colony include: Forty Mile Hutterite Colony (Lodge Grass, Montana); Schoonover Hutterite Colony (Odessa, Washington); and Stahlville Hutterite Colony (Rockyford, Alberta).
In 2012 the Spring Creek Hutterite Colony was a Dariusleut colony. The minister was Tim Walter and the manager was Timothy Walter.
Location: Lewiston, Montana (coordinates: 47.154722, -109.621389 [47° 09' 17" N, 109° 37' 17" W])
Address: Box 2238, Lewistown, MT 59479
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 321; vol. 4, p. 601. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Decker, David and Bert Friesen. "Spring Creek Hutterite Colony (Lewistown, Montana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 2013. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/spring_creek_hutterite_colony_lewistown_montana.
APA style: Decker, David and Bert Friesen. (April 2013). Spring Creek Hutterite Colony (Lewistown, Montana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/spring_creek_hutterite_colony_lewistown_montana.