Spring Valley Mennonite Church (Canton, Kansas, USA)
Spring Valley Mennonite Church (MC), located 2 miles east and 3 miles south of Canton, McPherson County, Kansas, is a member of the South Central Conference, and the oldest of the four MC congregations in central Kansas. It was organized by Bishop Daniel Brundage in 1873, who also organized the three other churches, namely, the Catlin Mennonite Church near Peabody in 1876, the West Liberty Mennonite Church near Inman in 1883, and the Pennsylvania Mennonite Church near Newton in 1885. Brundage also organized the Kansas-Nebraska Mennonite Conference in 1876, which later came to be the Missouri-Kansas Conference but now is called the South Central Conference. In 1957 Charles Diener was pastor, with a membership of 59.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 602. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Diener, Charles. "Spring Valley Mennonite Church (Canton, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/spring_valley_mennonite_church_canton_mcpherson.
APA style: Diener, Charles. (1959). Spring Valley Mennonite Church (Canton, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/spring_valley_mennonite_church_canton_mcpherson.