Springvale Hutterite Colony (Rockyford, Alberta, Canada)
Springvale Hutterite Bruderhof of the Dariusleut branch, located near Rockyford, Alberta, was founded in 1918 by the Jamesville Bruderhof in South Dakota. The preachers were Jakob Würz, chosen in 1913, confirmed in 1915, and Paul Hofer, chosen in 1915 and confirmed in 1921 in Canada. In 1936 the Springvale Bruderhof established Sandhill, near Beiseker. In 1950 the Bruderhof numbered 77 baptized members.
In 2012 the Springvale Hutterite Colony was a Dariusleut colony. The minister was Daniel Gross and the manager was Andy Gross.
Location: Rockyford, Alberta (coordinates: 51.323056, -113.151389 [51° 19' 23" N, 113° 09' 05" W])
Address: Box 248, Rockyford, AB T0J 2R0
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 604. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Decker, David and Bert Friesen. "Springvale Hutterite Colony (Rockyford, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. May 2013. Web. 21 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/springvale_hutterite_bruderhof_rockyford_alberta.
APA style: Decker, David and Bert Friesen. (May 2013). Springvale Hutterite Colony (Rockyford, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/springvale_hutterite_bruderhof_rockyford_alberta.