Twenty-Sixth Street Mission (Chicago, Illinois, USA)
The Twenty-Sixth Street Mission, now extinct, located at 26th St. and Halstead St., Chicago, Illinois, was founded in 1906 by A. M. Eash under the Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities (MC). A new building was erected in 1910. In 1924 the building was sold to the Central Conference, which took over responsibility for the work. A. M. Eash served continuously as pastor 1900-1935, except for some interruptions in 1919 ff. The high point of membership was 72 in 1935, with over 300 in the Sunday school. In 1940 the work was closed and the building sold.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1130. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. "Twenty-Sixth Street Mission (Chicago, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 23 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/twenty_sixth_street_mission_chicago_illinois_usa.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. (1959). Twenty-Sixth Street Mission (Chicago, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/twenty_sixth_street_mission_chicago_illinois_usa.