Virginia Mennonite Missions
Virginia Mennonite Missions (formerly Virginia Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities) (Mennonite Church USA), was organized in 1916, and incorporated in 1919. In the 1950s it consisted of 21 members elected by the bishop districts and certain congregations of the Virginia Mennonite Conference. In 1959 it operated nine home mission stations (six city missions in Virginia, one city mission in Tennessee, and two rural missions in Kentucky). It also operated foreign missions in Jamaica and Sicily. Its official organ is the Missionary Light.
Address: 901 Parkwood Drive, Harrisonburg, Virginia
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1132. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. "Virginia Mennonite Missions." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/virginia_mennonite_missions.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. (1959). Virginia Mennonite Missions. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/virginia_mennonite_missions.