Wooster Mennonite Church (Wooster, Ohio, USA)
Wooster Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), formerly known as the Wooster Mennonite Mission, located in the city of Wooster, Wayne County, Ohio, is a member of the Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference. It was started by the Salem Mennonite Church of Wayne County as a mission with Rudy Stauffer as pastor, and was organized in November 1944 under the Ohio Mennonite Mission Board, with eight charter members. The congregation worshiped in a house on Gasche Street until 1951, became an independent congregation, and built a new brick church in 1954 with a seating capacity of 300. The 144 members in 1959 represented ten denominational backgrounds, a mixed character of urban and rural. Paul Brunner was pastor.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 978. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Miller, D. Walter. "Wooster Mennonite Church (Wooster, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 22 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/wooster_mennonite_church_wooster_ohio_usa.
APA style: Miller, D. Walter. (1959). Wooster Mennonite Church (Wooster, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/wooster_mennonite_church_wooster_ohio_usa.