Afrika-Missions-Verein (Africa Missionary Society) was organized in 1934, reorganized in 1935, as a private Canadian Mennonite Brethren mission board to operate the Bololo, Congo, Mission. On 1 January 1944, it turned the work over to the Foreign Mission Board of the Mennonite Brethren Conference. The Bololo Mission had been founded in 1933 as a private faith venture, but when the Conference Mission Board refused to take it over in spite of the appeals of the missionaries, the Society was organized to do so. The Society was managed by a board of directors with the following officers: G. J. Reimer secretary, and H. H. Janzen chairman. Its organ was <em>Der Kleine Afrika-Bote</em>, 1935-1943.
Peters, G. W. The Growth of Foreign Missions in the Mennonite Brethren Church. Hillsboro, KS, 1947: 97-103.
|Author(s)||Harold S Bender|
Cite This Article
Bender, Harold S. "Afrika-Missions-Verein." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 16 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Afrika-Missions-Verein&oldid=62360.
Bender, Harold S. (1959). Afrika-Missions-Verein. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 16 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Afrika-Missions-Verein&oldid=62360.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.