From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:06, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Agape Verlag, with headquarters at Starenstrasse 41, Basel, Switzerland, was established in 1956 as a subsidiary of the Mennonite Publishing House, Scottdale, Pennsylvania. Its chief publication in the 1950s was the series of summer Bible school manuals in German and French, which was prepared by a corps of editors originally appointed by the Mennonite Central Committee. The manuals were basically translations from the English manuals published at Scottdale. The European Advisory Committee represented the interests of the South German, Swiss, and French Mennonite Conferences. The work was begun ca. 1950, but the name "Agape Verlag" was not adopted until 1956.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Agape Verlag (Basel, Switzerland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 23 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Agape_Verlag_(Basel,_Switzerland)&oldid=79174.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Agape Verlag (Basel, Switzerland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Agape_Verlag_(Basel,_Switzerland)&oldid=79174.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1057. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.