From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:38, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Albany Mennonite Church is a member of the Pacific Northwest Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA). This congregation had its beginning in 1898 when several Mennonite families began to meet in schools to worship. Later they obtained a small rural building known as the Geisendorfer church. Here the congregation was organized by Bishop David Garber of Idaho in 1899. John P. Bontrager served this congregation almost continuously from its beginning, first as pastor and later as bishop after he moved to California. In 1999 the congregation merged with the Bethany Mennonite Church. Its membership in 2006 was approximately 140.


Additional Information

Address: 3405 Kizer Ave NE, Albany OR

Phone: 541-926-1443

Website: Albany Mennonite Church

Denominational Affiliations:

Pacific Northwest Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Chuch USA



Author(s) V. M Kropf
Kevin Enns-Rempel
Date Published April 2006


Cite This Article

MLA style

Kropf, V. M and Kevin Enns-Rempel. "Albany Mennonite Church (Albany, Oregon, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 2006. Web. 26 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Albany_Mennonite_Church_(Albany,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=53661.

APA style

Kropf, V. M and Kevin Enns-Rempel. (April 2006). Albany Mennonite Church (Albany, Oregon, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Albany_Mennonite_Church_(Albany,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=53661.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 31. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.