From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
m
m
Line 6: Line 6:
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 42|date=1953|a1_last=Fretz|a1_first=Joseph C|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 42|date=1953|a1_last=Fretz|a1_first=Joseph C|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
  
[[Category:Church]]
+
[[Category:Churches]]

Revision as of 04:03, 25 November 2013

This "preaching appointment" met in a schoolhouse several kilometers east of Clachen, Elgin County, Ontario. The appointment was first listed in the Mennonite Conference of Ontario Calendar of Appointments in 1874 as a monthly meeting. Some time later, services were held every two weeks. In 1880 Aldboro alternated with Mosa in the Calendar.

Henry McKay was ordained as a minister for the Aldboro/Mosa communities in 1874 and Peter King (Koenig) was ordained as deacon. Communion services continued in the community for over 25 years.

Bibliography

Burkholder, L. J. A Brief History of the Mennonites in Ontario. Kitchener, ON : The Mennonite Conference of Ontario, 1935: 123.


Author(s) Joseph C Fretz
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Fretz, Joseph C. "Aldboro Mennonite Church (Clachan, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 25 Jun 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Aldboro_Mennonite_Church_(Clachan,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=104057.

APA style

Fretz, Joseph C. (1953). Aldboro Mennonite Church (Clachan, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 June 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Aldboro_Mennonite_Church_(Clachan,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=104057.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 42. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.