Alexandertal (Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Alexandertal was a village in the south of the Mennonite-leased colony in the volost of Verchnerogatchik, district of Melitopol, province of Taurida (Russia), post office Verchnerogatchik, railroad station Nikopol, 20 miles away, located in a valley, founded in 1867, numbered 279 (1911) inhabitants, all Mennonites and all farmers. In the village there was a school which gave both German and Russian instruction. The Mennonites were members of the Fürstenland Mennonite Church.


Author(s) Christian Hege
Date Published 1955


Cite This Article

MLA style

Hege, Christian. "Alexandertal (Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1955. Web. 24 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Alexandertal_(Zaporizhia_Oblast,_Ukraine)&oldid=132399.

APA style

Hege, Christian. (1955). Alexandertal (Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Alexandertal_(Zaporizhia_Oblast,_Ukraine)&oldid=132399.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 45. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.