Alfalfa County (Oklahoma, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 13:51, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130823)

Jump to: navigation, search
Alfalfa County, OK US Census TIGER/Line map

Alfalfa County, located in the northwestern part of Oklahoma, was first settled by Mennonites in 1905. It once had two Mennonite churches, one of the General Conference and one of the Church of God in Christ, Mennonite. In 2006, only the Pleasant View Mennonite Church (CGCM) in Goltry remained. The Mennonite settlement in this county extends into Major County.


Author(s) J. W Bergen
Date Published 1955


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bergen, J. W. "Alfalfa County (Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1955. Web. 24 Apr 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Alfalfa_County_(Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=90791.

APA style

Bergen, J. W. (1955). Alfalfa County (Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 April 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Alfalfa_County_(Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=90791.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 51. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.