From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 2: Line 2:
 
__TOC__
 
__TOC__
 
The Allensville<strong> </strong>Mennonite Church ([[Conservative Mennonite Conference|Conservative Mennonite Conference]]), formerly called Allensville Amish Mennonite Church, was organized in 1861 by Solomon Byler. It later became a member of the [[Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference (MC)|Ohio and Eastern Amish Mennonite Joint Conference]]. In 1957 it became part of the geographically closer [[Allegheny Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Allegheny Mennonite Conference]], and about 2003 it joined the [[Conservative Mennonite Conference|Conservative Mennonite Conference]]. The first meetinghouse was built a short distance east of Allensville in 1869 and rebuilt in 1932. A new building was erected in 1949. The membership in 1953 was 349; in 2006 the membership was 229; the bishop in 1953 was B. R. Peachey; preachers, J. B. Zook, J. E. Hartzler; deacon, U. S. Zook.
 
The Allensville<strong> </strong>Mennonite Church ([[Conservative Mennonite Conference|Conservative Mennonite Conference]]), formerly called Allensville Amish Mennonite Church, was organized in 1861 by Solomon Byler. It later became a member of the [[Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference (MC)|Ohio and Eastern Amish Mennonite Joint Conference]]. In 1957 it became part of the geographically closer [[Allegheny Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Allegheny Mennonite Conference]], and about 2003 it joined the [[Conservative Mennonite Conference|Conservative Mennonite Conference]]. The first meetinghouse was built a short distance east of Allensville in 1869 and rebuilt in 1932. A new building was erected in 1949. The membership in 1953 was 349; in 2006 the membership was 229; the bishop in 1953 was B. R. Peachey; preachers, J. B. Zook, J. E. Hartzler; deacon, U. S. Zook.
 
 
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
 
<strong>Address</strong>: 1156 SR 655, Belleville, Pennsylvania 17002
 
<strong>Address</strong>: 1156 SR 655, Belleville, Pennsylvania 17002
Line 14: Line 12:
  
 
[http://www.cmcrosedale.org/ Conservative Mennonite Conference]
 
[http://www.cmcrosedale.org/ Conservative Mennonite Conference]
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 57|date=1955|a1_last=Zook|a1_first=Ellrose D|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 57|date=1955|a1_last=Zook|a1_first=Ellrose D|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Revision as of 18:42, 20 August 2013

Contents

The Allensville Mennonite Church (Conservative Mennonite Conference), formerly called Allensville Amish Mennonite Church, was organized in 1861 by Solomon Byler. It later became a member of the Ohio and Eastern Amish Mennonite Joint Conference. In 1957 it became part of the geographically closer Allegheny Mennonite Conference, and about 2003 it joined the Conservative Mennonite Conference. The first meetinghouse was built a short distance east of Allensville in 1869 and rebuilt in 1932. A new building was erected in 1949. The membership in 1953 was 349; in 2006 the membership was 229; the bishop in 1953 was B. R. Peachey; preachers, J. B. Zook, J. E. Hartzler; deacon, U. S. Zook.

Additional Information

Address: 1156 SR 655, Belleville, Pennsylvania 17002

Telephone: 717-483-6774

Website: Allensville Mennonite Church

Denominational Affiliation:

Conservative Mennonite Conference


Author(s) Ellrose D Zook
Date Published 1955


Cite This Article

MLA style

Zook, Ellrose D. "Allensville Mennonite Church (Allensville, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1955. Web. 28 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Allensville_Mennonite_Church_(Allensville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=74660.

APA style

Zook, Ellrose D. (1955). Allensville Mennonite Church (Allensville, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Allensville_Mennonite_Church_(Allensville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=74660.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 57. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.