Allensville Mennonite Church (Allensville, Pennsylvania, USA)

Revision as of 18:42, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130820)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Allensville Mennonite Church (Conservative Mennonite Conference), formerly called Allensville Amish Mennonite Church, was organized in 1861 by Solomon Byler. It later became a member of the Ohio and Eastern Amish Mennonite Joint Conference. In 1957 it became part of the geographically closer Allegheny Mennonite Conference, and about 2003 it joined the Conservative Mennonite Conference. The first meetinghouse was built a short distance east of Allensville in 1869 and rebuilt in 1932. A new building was erected in 1949. The membership in 1953 was 349; in 2006 the membership was 229; the bishop in 1953 was B. R. Peachey; preachers, J. B. Zook, J. E. Hartzler; deacon, U. S. Zook.

Additional Information

Address: 1156 SR 655, Belleville, Pennsylvania 17002

Telephone: 717-483-6774

Website: Allensville Mennonite Church

Denominational Affiliation:

Conservative Mennonite Conference

Author(s) Ellrose D Zook
Date Published 1955

Cite This Article

MLA style

Zook, Ellrose D. "Allensville Mennonite Church (Allensville, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1955. Web. 23 May 2018.,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=74660.

APA style

Zook, Ellrose D. (1955). Allensville Mennonite Church (Allensville, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2018, from,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=74660.


Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 57. All rights reserved.

©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.