From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:42, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Altona Mennonite Brethren Church began services in 1927, and formally organized in 1931. After Mennonite Brethren moved into the little town, a house was occasionally rented for holding church meetings. Teachers and students of the Winkler Bible School and others conducted evangelistic meetings. In 1931 the church was organized under the leadership of Johann Andres with about 15 members. A house was rented and dedicated 4 October 1931. In 1937 a small frame building near the station was bought. The 1949 membership was 14 with George A. Braun serving as leader. In 1950 the membership was 10. The congregation dissolved in 1952 because some members moved away while others withdrew to form their own fellowship, thus making it impossible to carry on. The language of worship had been German.


Author(s) H. H. Redekop
Marlene Epp
Date Published 1986


Cite This Article

MLA style

Redekop, H. H. and Marlene Epp. "Altona Mennonite Brethren Church (Altona, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1986. Web. 2 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Altona_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Altona,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=74708.

APA style

Redekop, H. H. and Marlene Epp. (1986). Altona Mennonite Brethren Church (Altona, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 2 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Altona_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Altona,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=74708.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 82. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.