The Amish Mennonite Publishing Association is operated under the direction of the Conservative Amish Mennonite Conference and Old Order Amish Mennonite Church members. S. D. Guengerich, Bishop Jacob F. Swartzentruber, Preacher Peter Swartzentruber, Preacher Gideon Yoder, of the Kalona-Wellman, Iowa, community, and Bishop Eli J. Bontreger of Shipshewana, Indiana, organized this board in January 1912.
Five members served on this board for a five-year term. One of the five was annually elected president. The board elected a secretary-treasurer once a year, who was not a board member. The first manager of the Association was S. D. Guengerich, who was succeeded at his death by L. A. Miller.
The duties of the board were to appoint editors for the different departments of the Herold der Wahrheit, and to appoint a secretary-treasurer to take care of the incoming and outgoing funds. The board members in 1950 were Walter E. Beachy, Wellman, Iowa, president; and Fred Nisly, Benjamin L. Yoder, Joseph G. Gingerich, and Enos H. Miller, secretary-treasurer, all of Kalona, Iowa.
|Author(s)||L. A Miller|
Cite This Article
Miller, L. A. "Amish Mennonite Publishing Association." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 27 Jan 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Amish_Mennonite_Publishing_Association&oldid=102027.
Miller, L. A. (1953). Amish Mennonite Publishing Association. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 January 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Amish_Mennonite_Publishing_Association&oldid=102027.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.