From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:40, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Bairs Codoras Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church) belonged to the Lancaster Mennonite Conference. It is located in North Codorus Township, York County, six miles (10 km) southwest of York. Henry Newcomer, Ulrich Huber, Peter Hershey, Peter and John Houser, and George Garber were here by 1783. The first church, built after 1800, was razed, and a new brick church was built in 1895. It was part of the Middle York County circuit, with Richard Danner serving as bishop in the 1950s.

By 1972 the congregation was affiliated with the Eastern Pennsylvania Mennonite Church.


Additional Information

Address: 1005 Graybill Rd., York, Pennsylvania

Denominational Affiliation: Eastern Pennsylvania Mennonite Church


Maps

Map:Bairs Codorus Mennonite Church (York, Pennsylvania)


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1955


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Bairs Codorus Mennonite Church (York, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1955. Web. 17 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bairs_Codorus_Mennonite_Church_(York,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=54163.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1955). Bairs Codorus Mennonite Church (York, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bairs_Codorus_Mennonite_Church_(York,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=54163.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 214. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.