Difference between revisions of "Belmont Mennonite Church (Elkhart, Indiana, USA)"

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Belmont Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), Elkhart, [[Indiana (USA)|Indiana]], was started by the [[Prairie Street Mennonite Church (Elkhart, Indiana, USA)|Prairie Street Mennonite Church]] as a mission outpost on 23 June 1929. The first Sunday-school superintendent was C. W. Leininger and his assistant was John Gingrich. The church was organized as a congregation in January 1949 with 57 charter members. In 1952 the pastor was S. Jay Hostetler and the membership 64. In 2005 the membership was 188.
 
Belmont Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), Elkhart, [[Indiana (USA)|Indiana]], was started by the [[Prairie Street Mennonite Church (Elkhart, Indiana, USA)|Prairie Street Mennonite Church]] as a mission outpost on 23 June 1929. The first Sunday-school superintendent was C. W. Leininger and his assistant was John Gingrich. The church was organized as a congregation in January 1949 with 57 charter members. In 1952 the pastor was S. Jay Hostetler and the membership 64. In 2005 the membership was 188.
 
 
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
 
<strong>Address</strong>: 925 Oxford Street, Elkhart, Indiana
 
<strong>Address</strong>: 925 Oxford Street, Elkhart, Indiana
Line 12: Line 10:
  
 
[http://www.mennoniteusa.org/ Mennonite Church USA]
 
[http://www.mennoniteusa.org/ Mennonite Church USA]
 
 
  
 
= Maps =
 
= Maps =
 
[[Map:Belmont Mennonite Church (Elkhart, Indiana)|Map:Belmont Mennonite Church (Elkhart, Indiana)]]
 
[[Map:Belmont Mennonite Church (Elkhart, Indiana)|Map:Belmont Mennonite Church (Elkhart, Indiana)]]
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 272|date=1953|a1_last=Hostetler|a1_first=Leroy L|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 272|date=1953|a1_last=Hostetler|a1_first=Leroy L|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Revision as of 18:46, 20 August 2013

Belmont Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), Elkhart, Indiana, was started by the Prairie Street Mennonite Church as a mission outpost on 23 June 1929. The first Sunday-school superintendent was C. W. Leininger and his assistant was John Gingrich. The church was organized as a congregation in January 1949 with 57 charter members. In 1952 the pastor was S. Jay Hostetler and the membership 64. In 2005 the membership was 188.

Additional Information

Address: 925 Oxford Street, Elkhart, Indiana

Phone: 574-293-5160

Denominational Affiliations:

Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA

Maps

Map:Belmont Mennonite Church (Elkhart, Indiana)


Author(s) Leroy L Hostetler
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Hostetler, Leroy L. "Belmont Mennonite Church (Elkhart, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 18 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Belmont_Mennonite_Church_(Elkhart,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=75353.

APA style

Hostetler, Leroy L. (1953). Belmont Mennonite Church (Elkhart, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Belmont_Mennonite_Church_(Elkhart,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=75353.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 272. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.