The Bergfeld Mennonite Church near Altona, Manitoba began services in 1936 and formally organized in 1937. The first building was occupied in 1937. C. G. Stoesz is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through division from the Sommerfelder Mennonites.
Bergfeld's was the first church building constructed by the newly formed Rudnerweider Gemeinde in 1937. The congregation was first known as the Bergfeld Mennonite Church.
In 2002 the congregation had 70 members. The congregation has been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference. The language of worship is English.
Pastor Eric Lee served as a congregational leader in 2008.
EMMC Recorder (Sept. 1987): 1.
Heppner, Jack. Search for Renewal: The Story of the Rudnerweider/Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference, 1937-1987. Winnipeg: EMMC, 1987.
Address: Box 1876, Altona, Manitoba R0G 0B0. Church located at NE 18-2-2W
Denominational Affiliation: Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference
|Date Published||September 1986|
Cite This Article
Epp, Marlene. "Bergfeld Evangelical Church (Bergfeld, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 1986. Web. 27 Feb 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bergfeld_Evangelical_Church_(Bergfeld,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=75401.
Epp, Marlene. (September 1986). Bergfeld Evangelical Church (Bergfeld, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 February 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bergfeld_Evangelical_Church_(Bergfeld,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=75401.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.