From GAMEO
Revision as of 13:53, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

The Bethania Mennonite Brethren congregation was organized in 1913 under the leadership of John W. Neufeld, with an initial membership of 44. Neufeld, who moved to Vancouver, British Columbia, was succeeded by A. R. D. Klassen and David Berg. The leader in 1951 was George R. Klassen. The congregation originated through colonization from Manitoba and North Dakota, as well as immigration from Russia. In 1950 there were 41 members; in 1965, 11. The congregation dissolved in 1973. It had been affiliated with the Saskatchewan Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches, the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches and the General Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches.

The congregation was part of the Herbert (South Saskatchewan) district conference. After dissolution the remaining members joined a nearby Evangelical Mennonite Brethren church.

Bibliography

Toews, John A. A History of the Mennonite Brethren Church: Pioneers and Pilgrims. 1975: 160.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published February 1989


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Bethania Mennonite Brethren Church (Beaver Flat, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 21 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethania_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Beaver_Flat,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=91070.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (February 1989). Bethania Mennonite Brethren Church (Beaver Flat, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethania_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Beaver_Flat,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=91070.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 301. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.