Bethany Bible Academy, known originally as Bethany Bible School, Munich, North Dakota, first opened its doors on 31 October 1938, at Alsen, ND. The next year it was transferred to Munich and until 1943, when a school building was purchased, it was conducted in various buildings. Edward Duerksen, then pastor at Alsen, and H. F. Ortmann of Munich, were instrumental in starting the school and securing the first instructor, J. B. Epp, of Beatrice, Nebraska. As of 1953 all the instructors had been of the Mennonite faith. The school was originally sponsored by the four Mennonite churches in the community. In 1950 the school was reorganized and incorporated into an interdenominational institution made up of paid up members from all parts of the state of North Dakota. The name was then changed to Bethany Bible Academy. A two-acre plot and a new 40 x 70 ft. building were added to the original property. The term also changed from the five-month winter term to the standard nine-month term. The curriculum offered a standard accredited high-school course with fundamental Bible subjects designed for high-school level young people. The aim of the school was to teach "Faith with Facts" under Christian supervision, companionship, and activity. G. W. Schroeder was president beginning in 1947.
|Author(s)||G. W Schroeder|
Cite This Article
Schroeder, G. W. "Bethany Bible Academy (Munich, North Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 25 Sep 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethany_Bible_Academy_(Munich,_North_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=54542.
Schroeder, G. W. (1953). Bethany Bible Academy (Munich, North Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 September 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethany_Bible_Academy_(Munich,_North_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=54542.
©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.