From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
m (Added image.)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
[[File:BethanyMCKingman2011-0136.jpg|400px|thumb|''Bethany Mennonite Church (Kingman, Kansas).<br />
 +
Source: Mennonite Church USA Archives - North Newton [http://mla.bethelks.edu/archives/numbered-photos/pholist2.php?num=2011-0136 Photo Collection 2011-0136]''.]]
 +
 
Bethany Mennonite Church ([[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite Church]]) was located 10 miles (16 km) southeast of [[Kingman County (Kansas, USA)|Kingman]], [[Kansas (USA)|Kansas]], in the [[Western District Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Western District Conference]]. The congregation was organized in 1907 by the first pastor C. J. Voran. The first church was built in 1907, burned in 1930, and a new frame building was built in 1932. Its 1953 membership was 183. The congregation merged with the [[Zion Mennonite Church (Kingman, Kansas, USA)|Zion Mennonite Church]] in 1973 to form the Kingman Mennonite Church. The first service as the new congregation took place 6 May 1973.
 
Bethany Mennonite Church ([[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite Church]]) was located 10 miles (16 km) southeast of [[Kingman County (Kansas, USA)|Kingman]], [[Kansas (USA)|Kansas]], in the [[Western District Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Western District Conference]]. The congregation was organized in 1907 by the first pastor C. J. Voran. The first church was built in 1907, burned in 1930, and a new frame building was built in 1932. Its 1953 membership was 183. The congregation merged with the [[Zion Mennonite Church (Kingman, Kansas, USA)|Zion Mennonite Church]] in 1973 to form the Kingman Mennonite Church. The first service as the new congregation took place 6 May 1973.
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
 
Kingman Mennonite Church [http://www.kingmanmennonite.org/AboutUs.html website]
 
Kingman Mennonite Church [http://www.kingmanmennonite.org/AboutUs.html website]
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=1953|a1_last=Miller|a1_first=Herbert E|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=1953|a1_last=Miller|a1_first=Herbert E|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Latest revision as of 07:44, 24 September 2013

Bethany Mennonite Church (Kingman, Kansas).
Source: Mennonite Church USA Archives - North Newton Photo Collection 2011-0136
.

Bethany Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite Church) was located 10 miles (16 km) southeast of Kingman, Kansas, in the Western District Conference. The congregation was organized in 1907 by the first pastor C. J. Voran. The first church was built in 1907, burned in 1930, and a new frame building was built in 1932. Its 1953 membership was 183. The congregation merged with the Zion Mennonite Church in 1973 to form the Kingman Mennonite Church. The first service as the new congregation took place 6 May 1973.

[edit] Additional Information

Kingman Mennonite Church website


Author(s) Herbert E Miller
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Miller, Herbert E. "Bethany Mennonite Church (Kingman, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 18 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethany_Mennonite_Church_(Kingman,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=101831.

APA style

Miller, Herbert E. (1953). Bethany Mennonite Church (Kingman, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethany_Mennonite_Church_(Kingman,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=101831.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.