From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:47, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Bethany Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite Church) was located 10 miles (16 km) southeast of Kingman, Kansas, in the Western District Conference. The congregation was organized in 1907 by the first pastor C. J. Voran. The first church was built in 1907, burned in 1930, and a new frame building was built in 1932. Its 1953 membership was 183. The congregation merged with the Zion Mennonite Church in 1973 to form the Kingman Mennonite Church. The first service as the new congregation took place 6 May 1973.

Additional Information

Kingman Mennonite Church website


Author(s) Herbert E Miller
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Miller, Herbert E. "Bethany Mennonite Church (Kingman, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 27 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethany_Mennonite_Church_(Kingman,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=75477.

APA style

Miller, Herbert E. (1953). Bethany Mennonite Church (Kingman, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethany_Mennonite_Church_(Kingman,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=75477.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.