Bethany Mennonite Church (Pulguillas, Coamo, Puerto Rico)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Bethany (Betania) Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), Pulguillas, Coamo, Puerto Rico, founded in 1946, had 111 members in 1958. The first meetinghouse, a tabernacle type church, built in 1946, was replaced in 1949. Paul Lauver was the first pastor, followed by Lester Hershey who was still the pastor in 1959. This was the first Mennonite congregation in Puerto Rico.

Bibliography

Widmer, Gladys. We Enter Puerto Rico. Elkhart, IN: Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities, 1952.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Bethany Mennonite Church (Pulguillas, Coamo, Puerto Rico)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 22 Jul 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethany_Mennonite_Church_(Pulguillas,_Coamo,_Puerto_Rico)&oldid=75480.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Bethany Mennonite Church (Pulguillas, Coamo, Puerto Rico). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 July 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethany_Mennonite_Church_(Pulguillas,_Coamo,_Puerto_Rico)&oldid=75480.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1065. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.