Difference between revisions of "Bethel Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Greensburg, Kansas, USA)"

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Bethel [[Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (CGC)|Church of God in Christ, Mennonite]] Church is located two miles (three km) west and three miles (five km) south of [[Greensburg (Kansas, USA)|Greensburg]], [[Kiowa County (Kansas, USA)|Kiowa County]], [[Kansas (USA)|Kansas]]. Its first members settled here about 1907, worshiping in schools until 1928, when the present church was built. This congregation had a membership of 81 in 1953, with a staff of two ministers and two deacons, all ordained at this place. Harvey Yost was the minister in charge in the early 1950s. All services were in the English language. The services consisted of Sunday morning and evening worship, Sunday school, Bible study, and Brotherly Counsel. The congregation observed the ordinance of feetwashing at communion, taught and practiced nonconformity to the world, and supported hospitals, rest homes, sewing circles, relief, and missions.
 
Bethel [[Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (CGC)|Church of God in Christ, Mennonite]] Church is located two miles (three km) west and three miles (five km) south of [[Greensburg (Kansas, USA)|Greensburg]], [[Kiowa County (Kansas, USA)|Kiowa County]], [[Kansas (USA)|Kansas]]. Its first members settled here about 1907, worshiping in schools until 1928, when the present church was built. This congregation had a membership of 81 in 1953, with a staff of two ministers and two deacons, all ordained at this place. Harvey Yost was the minister in charge in the early 1950s. All services were in the English language. The services consisted of Sunday morning and evening worship, Sunday school, Bible study, and Brotherly Counsel. The congregation observed the ordinance of feetwashing at communion, taught and practiced nonconformity to the world, and supported hospitals, rest homes, sewing circles, relief, and missions.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 304|date=1953|a1_last=Just|a1_first=L. R|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 304|date=1953|a1_last=Just|a1_first=L. R|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Latest revision as of 18:48, 20 August 2013

Bethel Church of God in Christ, Mennonite Church is located two miles (three km) west and three miles (five km) south of Greensburg, Kiowa County, Kansas. Its first members settled here about 1907, worshiping in schools until 1928, when the present church was built. This congregation had a membership of 81 in 1953, with a staff of two ministers and two deacons, all ordained at this place. Harvey Yost was the minister in charge in the early 1950s. All services were in the English language. The services consisted of Sunday morning and evening worship, Sunday school, Bible study, and Brotherly Counsel. The congregation observed the ordinance of feetwashing at communion, taught and practiced nonconformity to the world, and supported hospitals, rest homes, sewing circles, relief, and missions.


Author(s) L. R Just
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Just, L. R. "Bethel Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Greensburg, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 21 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(Greensburg,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=75501.

APA style

Just, L. R. (1953). Bethel Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Greensburg, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(Greensburg,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=75501.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 304. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.