From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:48, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

The Bethel Krimmer Mennonite Brethren Church, located near Hooker, Oklahoma, was organized in April 1907 when a baptism and church dedication service was held, and Klaas D. Willems began to serve as minister. A year later the membership of this group numbered 64 souls. Krimmer Mennonite Brethren had settled here several years earlier, but had worshiped with the Mennonite Brethren at that place. The congregation dissolved early in 1919, scattered by war clouds and depressing experiences as a result of war. The church was sold for use as a Bible academy. H. B. Pauls served as second minister and J. D. Klassen as deacon.


Author(s) C. F Plett
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Plett, C. F. "Bethel Krimmer Mennonite Brethren Church (Hooker, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 19 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Krimmer_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Hooker,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=75521.

APA style

Plett, C. F. (1953). Bethel Krimmer Mennonite Brethren Church (Hooker, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Krimmer_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Hooker,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=75521.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 310. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.