From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Blainsport Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), Reinholds, [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]] (before 1947 known as Cocalico) was a mission station of the [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Mennonite Conference]] in northeastern [[Lancaster County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Lancaster County]], Pennsylvania, in the old Swamp Union Meetinghouse built in 1865. The [[Indiantown Mennonite Church (Ephrata, Pennsylvania, USA)|Indiantown]]-[[Bowmansville Mennonite Church (East Earl, Pennsylvania, USA)|Bowmansville]] ministers held meetings in the vicinity in the 19th century, but not in this building. The Ephrata congregation reopened this house as a mission station in 1926 with Christian Mosemann and Daniel Stauffer as superintendents. The field workers of the Lancaster Mennonite Mission Board and the ministers of the Ephrata-Indiantown congregation preached here until Wilmer M. Eby was ordained for the work in 1938. Levi G. High in 1946 was ordained as deacon. In 1947 a brick church was built near Blainsport, two miles east of the Union House. In 1953 the membership was 63, with a Sunday-school enrollment of 136 and a summer Bible school with an average attendance of 155. In 2009 the membership was 171; the pastor was Eric P. Marshall.
 
Blainsport Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), Reinholds, [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]] (before 1947 known as Cocalico) was a mission station of the [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Mennonite Conference]] in northeastern [[Lancaster County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Lancaster County]], Pennsylvania, in the old Swamp Union Meetinghouse built in 1865. The [[Indiantown Mennonite Church (Ephrata, Pennsylvania, USA)|Indiantown]]-[[Bowmansville Mennonite Church (East Earl, Pennsylvania, USA)|Bowmansville]] ministers held meetings in the vicinity in the 19th century, but not in this building. The Ephrata congregation reopened this house as a mission station in 1926 with Christian Mosemann and Daniel Stauffer as superintendents. The field workers of the Lancaster Mennonite Mission Board and the ministers of the Ephrata-Indiantown congregation preached here until Wilmer M. Eby was ordained for the work in 1938. Levi G. High in 1946 was ordained as deacon. In 1947 a brick church was built near Blainsport, two miles east of the Union House. In 1953 the membership was 63, with a Sunday-school enrollment of 136 and a summer Bible school with an average attendance of 155. In 2009 the membership was 171; the pastor was Eric P. Marshall.
 
 
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
 
<strong>Address:</strong> 85 South Blainsport Road, Reinholds, Pennsylvania 17569
 
<strong>Address:</strong> 85 South Blainsport Road, Reinholds, Pennsylvania 17569
Line 14: Line 12:
  
 
[http://www.mennoniteusa.org/ Mennonite Church USA]
 
[http://www.mennoniteusa.org/ Mennonite Church USA]
 
 
  
 
= Maps =
 
= Maps =
 
[[Map:Blainesport Mennonite Church (Reinholds, Pennsylvania)|Map:Blainesport Mennonite Church (Reinholds, Pennsylvania)]]
 
[[Map:Blainesport Mennonite Church (Reinholds, Pennsylvania)|Map:Blainesport Mennonite Church (Reinholds, Pennsylvania)]]
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 351|date=1953|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 351|date=1953|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Revision as of 18:49, 20 August 2013

Blainsport Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), Reinholds, Pennsylvania (before 1947 known as Cocalico) was a mission station of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference in northeastern Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, in the old Swamp Union Meetinghouse built in 1865. The Indiantown-Bowmansville ministers held meetings in the vicinity in the 19th century, but not in this building. The Ephrata congregation reopened this house as a mission station in 1926 with Christian Mosemann and Daniel Stauffer as superintendents. The field workers of the Lancaster Mennonite Mission Board and the ministers of the Ephrata-Indiantown congregation preached here until Wilmer M. Eby was ordained for the work in 1938. Levi G. High in 1946 was ordained as deacon. In 1947 a brick church was built near Blainsport, two miles east of the Union House. In 1953 the membership was 63, with a Sunday-school enrollment of 136 and a summer Bible school with an average attendance of 155. In 2009 the membership was 171; the pastor was Eric P. Marshall.

Additional Information

Address: 85 South Blainsport Road, Reinholds, Pennsylvania 17569

Phone: 717-336-3424

Website: Blainsport Mennonite Church

Denominational Affiliations:

Lancaster Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA

Maps

Map:Blainesport Mennonite Church (Reinholds, Pennsylvania)


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Blainsport Mennonite Church (Reinholds, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 23 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Blainsport_Mennonite_Church_(Reinholds,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=75703.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1953). Blainsport Mennonite Church (Reinholds, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Blainsport_Mennonite_Church_(Reinholds,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=75703.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 351. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.