From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:49, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

The Bluffton (Ohio) Reformed Mennonite Church, called locally Neu-Menist and Neu-Menite, is located two miles (3 km) north and 2.5 miles (4 km) west of Bluffton. The first meetings of the group were held in 1847, the first meetinghouse built in 1876, and the first ordained minister of the congregation took charge in 1882. In 1948 the membership was 47. John Steiner, Lima, Ohio, was the minister in 1948. The predominant family names in the congregation were Basinger, Steiner, Neuenschwander, and Nussbaum.

Additional Information

Address: Bixel & Philips Roads, Bluffton, Ohio

Denominational Affiliation: Reformed Mennonite Church

Maps

Map:Bluffton Reformed Mennonite Church (Bluffton, Ohio)


Author(s) Jacob L Kreider
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Kreider, Jacob L. "Bluffton Reformed Mennonite Church (Bluffton, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 26 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bluffton_Reformed_Mennonite_Church_(Bluffton,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=75759.

APA style

Kreider, Jacob L. (1953). Bluffton Reformed Mennonite Church (Bluffton, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bluffton_Reformed_Mennonite_Church_(Bluffton,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=75759.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 371. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.