From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 2: Line 2:
  
 
Blumenhof was begun by members who were interested in progressive change and revivalism, influenced by Pentecostal ministers at [[Alternative Service Work Camps (Canada)|Alternative Service]] camps. All the members of the congregation were excommunicated by the [[Evangelical Mennonite Conference (Kleine Gemeinde)|Evangelical Mennonite Conference]] in 1951, probably because they held [[Communion|communion]] outside the church. The group moved to Steinbach in 1958 and became known as the Bethel Pentecostal Chapel.
 
Blumenhof was begun by members who were interested in progressive change and revivalism, influenced by Pentecostal ministers at [[Alternative Service Work Camps (Canada)|Alternative Service]] camps. All the members of the congregation were excommunicated by the [[Evangelical Mennonite Conference (Kleine Gemeinde)|Evangelical Mennonite Conference]] in 1951, probably because they held [[Communion|communion]] outside the church. The group moved to Steinbach in 1958 and became known as the Bethel Pentecostal Chapel.
 
 
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
 
Loewen, Royden. <em class="gameo_bibliography">Blumenort: A Mennonite Community in Transition 1874-1982. </em>Blumenort: Blumenort Mennonite Historical Society, 1983.
 
Loewen, Royden. <em class="gameo_bibliography">Blumenort: A Mennonite Community in Transition 1874-1982. </em>Blumenort: Blumenort Mennonite Historical Society, 1983.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=August 1987|a1_last=Epp|a1_first=Marlene|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=August 1987|a1_last=Epp|a1_first=Marlene|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Latest revision as of 18:49, 20 August 2013

The Blumenhof Mission Hall began services about 1949 in Blumenhof, Manitoba. It originated through division from the Blumenort Evangelical Mennonite Church.

Blumenhof was begun by members who were interested in progressive change and revivalism, influenced by Pentecostal ministers at Alternative Service camps. All the members of the congregation were excommunicated by the Evangelical Mennonite Conference in 1951, probably because they held communion outside the church. The group moved to Steinbach in 1958 and became known as the Bethel Pentecostal Chapel.

[edit] Bibliography

Loewen, Royden. Blumenort: A Mennonite Community in Transition 1874-1982. Blumenort: Blumenort Mennonite Historical Society, 1983.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published August 1987


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Blumenhof Mission Hall (Blumenhof, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. August 1987. Web. 23 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Blumenhof_Mission_Hall_(Blumenhof,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=75770.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (August 1987). Blumenhof Mission Hall (Blumenhof, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Blumenhof_Mission_Hall_(Blumenhof,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=75770.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.