From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Board of Trustees and Finance (General Conference Mennonite) was created when the new constitution of the General Conference Mennonite Church was adopted at its 32nd session at Freeman, South Dakota, in August 1950. This board was responsible for the business administration of the conference, its properties, funds, and the budget. It consisted of 12 members, four of which were elected at each regular session of the conference. The board organized its work under the Trustees, the Finance Committee, and the Committee on Pensions. A subsequent constitutional change in 1968 saw the the work of this board carried by a Division of Administration.


Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius. "Board of Trustees and Finance (General Conference Mennonite Church)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 17 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Board_of_Trustees_and_Finance_(General_Conference_Mennonite_Church)&oldid=75791.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius. (1953). Board of Trustees and Finance (General Conference Mennonite Church). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Board_of_Trustees_and_Finance_(General_Conference_Mennonite_Church)&oldid=75791.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 376. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.