From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
(CSV import - 20130823)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
[[File:Bohnsackerweide.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''Detailed map of Bohnsackerweide, 1925  
+
[[File:Bohnsackerweide.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''Detailed map of Bohnsackerweide, 1925
  
Source: [http://amzpbig.com/maps/1679_Nickelswalde_1925.jpg Archiwum Map Zachodniej Polski] Archiwum Map Zachodniej Polski
+
Source: [http://amzpbig.com/maps/1679_Nickelswalde_1925.jpg Archiwum Map Zachodniej Polski]'']]    Bohnsackerweide (also known as Bąsaka Pastwa; now known as Sobieszewska Pastwa; coordinates: 54.32048, 18.86378 [54° 19′ 13″ N, 18° 51′ 49″ E]; population in 1905, 116) is located approximately 13 kilometers (8 miles) south-east of Gdańsk ([[Danzig (Poland)|Danzig]]) and 20 km. (12 miles) north-west of Nowy Dwór Gdański ([[Tiegenhof (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)|Tiegenhof]]). It is located on the north shore of the Tote Weichsel (Martwa Wisła), south-east of Bohnsack and Bohnsacker Pfarrdorf (Sobieszewko), south-west of Schnakenburg (Komary), and west of Einlage (Przegalina), on what was until 1945 the island of Neue Binnennehrung (Wyspa Sobieszewska). 
 
+
'']]    Bohnsackerweide (also known as Bąsaka Pastwa; now known as Sobieszewska Pastwa; coordinates: 54.32048, 18.86378 [54° 19′ 13″ N, 18° 51′ 49″ E]; population in 1905, 116) is located approximately 13 kilometers (8 miles) south-east of Gdańsk ([[Danzig (Poland)|Danzig]]) and 20 km. (12 miles) north-west of Nowy Dwór Gdański ([[Tiegenhof (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)|Tiegenhof]]). It is located on the north shore of the Tote Weichsel (Martwa Wisła), south-east of Bohnsack and Bohnsacker Pfarrdorf (Sobieszewko), south-west of Schnakenburg (Komary), and west of Einlage (Przegalina), on what was until 1945 the island of Neue Binnennehrung (Wyspa Sobieszewska). 
+
  
 
Until 1772 Bohnsackerweide was located in what was known as Royal Prussia (also known as Polish Prussia) in the Kingdom of [[Poland|Poland]]. The First Partition of Poland in 1772 resulted in the creation of a new province on 31 January 1773, called [[West Prussia|West Prussia]], in which the village was located. Bohnsackerweide was situated in the district (Kreis) of Danzig from 1818 until 1887, when it became part of the district of Danziger Niederung. Bohnsackerweide became part of the [[Danzig, Free City of|Free City of Danzig]] from 1920 until the outbreak of World War II in 1939, when it came under the control of Nazi Germany. In February 1945 it was occupied by Soviet forces and eventually returned to Poland. In 2013 Sobieszewska Pastwa was part of Gdańsk, Poland.
 
Until 1772 Bohnsackerweide was located in what was known as Royal Prussia (also known as Polish Prussia) in the Kingdom of [[Poland|Poland]]. The First Partition of Poland in 1772 resulted in the creation of a new province on 31 January 1773, called [[West Prussia|West Prussia]], in which the village was located. Bohnsackerweide was situated in the district (Kreis) of Danzig from 1818 until 1887, when it became part of the district of Danziger Niederung. Bohnsackerweide became part of the [[Danzig, Free City of|Free City of Danzig]] from 1920 until the outbreak of World War II in 1939, when it came under the control of Nazi Germany. In February 1945 it was occupied by Soviet forces and eventually returned to Poland. In 2013 Sobieszewska Pastwa was part of Gdańsk, Poland.

Latest revision as of 14:27, 23 August 2013

Detailed map of Bohnsackerweide, 1925 Source: Archiwum Map Zachodniej Polski
Bohnsackerweide (also known as Bąsaka Pastwa; now known as Sobieszewska Pastwa; coordinates: 54.32048, 18.86378 [54° 19′ 13″ N, 18° 51′ 49″ E]; population in 1905, 116) is located approximately 13 kilometers (8 miles) south-east of Gdańsk (Danzig) and 20 km. (12 miles) north-west of Nowy Dwór Gdański (Tiegenhof). It is located on the north shore of the Tote Weichsel (Martwa Wisła), south-east of Bohnsack and Bohnsacker Pfarrdorf (Sobieszewko), south-west of Schnakenburg (Komary), and west of Einlage (Przegalina), on what was until 1945 the island of Neue Binnennehrung (Wyspa Sobieszewska). 

Until 1772 Bohnsackerweide was located in what was known as Royal Prussia (also known as Polish Prussia) in the Kingdom of Poland. The First Partition of Poland in 1772 resulted in the creation of a new province on 31 January 1773, called West Prussia, in which the village was located. Bohnsackerweide was situated in the district (Kreis) of Danzig from 1818 until 1887, when it became part of the district of Danziger Niederung. Bohnsackerweide became part of the Free City of Danzig from 1920 until the outbreak of World War II in 1939, when it came under the control of Nazi Germany. In February 1945 it was occupied by Soviet forces and eventually returned to Poland. In 2013 Sobieszewska Pastwa was part of Gdańsk, Poland.

In 1820 Bohnsackerweide had 104 inhabitants, of which nine were Mennonites.

Mennonites who were residents of Bohnsackerweide were members of the Bärwalde Mennonite Church.

[edit] Bibliography

Wolf, Hans-Jürgen. "Familienforschung in Westpreußen." Web. 21 April 2013. http://www.westpreussen.de/cms/ct/ortsverzeichnis/ortssuche.php.

[edit] Maps

Map:Sobieszewska Pastwa, Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland


Author(s) Richard D Thiessen
Date Published April 2013


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Thiessen, Richard D. "Bohnsackerweide (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 2013. Web. 27 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bohnsackerweide_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=94104.

APA style

Thiessen, Richard D. (April 2013). Bohnsackerweide (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bohnsackerweide_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=94104.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.