From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:50, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Breslau Evangelical Missionary congregation began services about 1855, and formally organized 26 April 1884. The first building was occupied at that time with a seating capacity of about 200. Solomon Eby is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through division from the Mennonite Conference of Ontario in the 1850s.

Pastor Todd Brown served in 2009 as a salaried congregational leader. In 1948 there were 82 members; in 1975, 84; in 1985, 100; in 2000, 78. The congregation has been affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren in Christ since 1883, and currently with the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada. The language of worship is English.

Contents

Bibliography

Mennonite Encyclopedia. "Breslau."

Breslau Missionary Church, 1882-1982, 100th Anniversary. Breslau, ON: The Church, 1982, 32 pp.

Additional Information

Address: 102 Woolwich Street South, Breslau, Ontario

Phone: 519-648-2712

Website: Breslau Evangelical Missionary Church

Denominational Affiliation: Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada

Maps

Map:Breslau Evangelical Missionary Church (Breslau, Ontario)


Author(s) John W. Colley
Marlene Epp
Date Published December 1986


Cite This Article

MLA style

Colley, John W. and Marlene Epp. "Breslau Evangelical Missionary Church (Breslau, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 1986. Web. 21 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Breslau_Evangelical_Missionary_Church_(Breslau,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=76009.

APA style

Colley, John W. and Marlene Epp. (December 1986). Breslau Evangelical Missionary Church (Breslau, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Breslau_Evangelical_Missionary_Church_(Breslau,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=76009.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 421. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.