From GAMEO
Revision as of 13:56, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Bukiroba Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located six miles (10 km) east of Musoma, Tanzania, is the central station of the Mennonite Mission, serving several small tribes. Work was begun there on 4 December 1935 by the Clinton Fersters and the Elam Stauffers. The 1953 membership stood at 62 members. John Leatherman had the pastoral oversight of this church during its early years. The work was under the Eastern (Lancaster) Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities.

Maps

Map:Bukiroba (Tanzania)


Author(s) Elam W Stauffer
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Stauffer, Elam W. "Bukiroba Mennonite Church (Mara Region, Tanzania)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 18 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bukiroba_Mennonite_Church_(Mara_Region,_Tanzania)&oldid=91279.

APA style

Stauffer, Elam W. (1953). Bukiroba Mennonite Church (Mara Region, Tanzania). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bukiroba_Mennonite_Church_(Mara_Region,_Tanzania)&oldid=91279.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 466. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.